A system designed to contact emergency help for the elderly, the Medical Guardian medical alert system has helped provide independence and safety for thousands of older Americans for over three decades.
Using a medical alert pendant and a home base station, the Medical Guardian system offers 24 hour a day, 7 days per week monitoring.
In the event of a debilitating fall, stroke, heart attack, fire, or home break-in, the button on the medical device can be pushed – alerting the monitoring center of an emergency.
Through a two-way radio in the device, the trained and certified emergency responders communicate with the one in need. Either dispatching local police, fire, or ambulance services, or contacting friends or family, the responder will get immediate help for the injured senior.
Is Medical Guardian Right for You?
Studies have found that one-third of those 65 and older will suffer at least one dangerous fall. Left alone and injured, a fall can be a very serious medical emergency. The longer one is left unattended, the greater the chance of permanent injuries. It might even become a life-threatening situation.
A medical alert system may be right for you if:
- You have a chronic health condition, like diabetes, or take daily medications.
- You have fallen, been hospitalized, or visited the emergency room in the past year.
- You are alone for several hours during the day or night.
- You require assistance when bathing, dressing, or preparing meals.
- You use a cane, wheelchair, walker, or other device for assistance with balance or walking.