Find this recipe at:
Fragrant red ripe Italian plum tomatoes give this sauce its wonderful flavor. The red peppers balance the tart and sweet tomatoes with a little heat.
- 1 package Dreamfields Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 can (28-ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and onion for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add peppers, capers, olives, chopped tomatoes and parsley. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Toss pasta with sauce until linguine is evenly coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
; Protein: 12 g
; Fat: 11 g
; Sodium: 564 mg;
Cholesterol: 6 mg
; Dietary Fiber: 7 g
Source: Dreamfields Healthy Carb Pasta
Author: Marilyn Harris
Click to Close Print Version Browser Window
Contents © Diabetic Gourmet ®
Contributed content may be protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.