Find this recipe at:
Pork and Zucchini Stew
Yield: 6 servings.
- 3 boneless pork chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 14 1/2-oz cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwis & sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- In a plastic or paper bag combine flour, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add pork cubes; shake until coated with flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and green pepper until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add pork, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, basil and oregano; bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon stew into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
; Protein: 17 g
; Fat: 7 g
; Sodium: 557 mg;
Cholesterol: 31 mg
; Saturated Fat: 2 g
; Dietary Fiber: 4 g
; Carbohydrates: 20 g
Click to Close Print Version Browser Window
Contents © Diabetic Gourmet ®
Contributed content may be protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.