Zucchini alla Cece
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini (1/2 pound total), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, basil and thyme. Cook, covered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, chick-peas and pepper; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days; gently reheat before serving.