- 2 cups cooked turkey (cut into bite-size pieces, or
- 2 cups ground turkey, browned in a skillet and drained)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (chili)
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup refried beans (low-fat or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded, low-fat)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free optional)
- guacamole (or mashed avacado optional)
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375 for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
- Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and cheese.
- Return tortillas to oven to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Garnish with yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Calories from Fat:||35|
|Sodium: ||420 mg |
|Cholesterol:||50 mg |
|Saturated Fat: || 4g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||3g|
|Carbohydrates: || 20g|
Source: UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program