Hearty Mushroom Barley Soup
- 2 cups each: low-sodium chicken broth & water
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- In a covered pan, simmer chicken broth, water, and barley for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add peas, chicken, soup, and milk. Simmer for 5 minutes longer.