Grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers
These Grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers are a great way to start the grilling season.
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (5 mL)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (60 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano (7 mL)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms (500g)
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 (12 inch/30cm) grilling skewers (12 inch/30cm)
- In medium sized bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes. Toss until well coated. Marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Thread chicken pieces and vegetables alternately on skewers. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, heat barbecue to medium heat. Grill skewers on lightly oiled grill, turning once with tongs. Grill until chicken cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||100 mg |
|Cholesterol:||50 mg |
|Saturated Fat: || 1.5g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1g|
|Carbohydrates: || 7g|