Soothing Cucumber Mint Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lowfat margarine
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft. Add cucumbers and cook until soft; about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking 1 minute. Add broth and increase heat to medium high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Puree cucumber mixture in blender in batches. Pour into a bowl with the chopped mint. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, blend in yogurt and half and half. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Garnish with mint sprigs or chopped mint leaves.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||375 mg |
|Cholesterol:||15 mg |
|Carbohydrates: || 14.5g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 milk, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 bread/starch, 1-1/2 fat|
Source: Cinnamon Hearts