Mexican Turkey Frittata
This flavorful egg and turkey frittata recipe will wake up your taste buds.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sliced small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3 cups egg substitute or 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mist 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook ground turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Sprinkle with cumin; stir to mix.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, green pepper, mushrooms and chipotle peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are cooked.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cilantro until well mixed.
- Stir in turkey, cheese, mushroom mixture and green onions.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||300 mg |
|Cholesterol:||40 mg |
|Saturated Fat: || 3g|
|Sugars: || 3g|
|Carbohydrates: || 4g|