Irish Caramel Custard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, XX strength, if desired
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish or mold with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until light and lemon-colored.
- Add granulated sugar, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the scalded milk and add the vanilla.
- Pour mixture over brown sugar.
- Place the baking dish or mold in a pan of hot water, 1-inch deep.
- Bake at 350 F degrees about 50 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 5 g|
|Sodium: || 102 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 68 mg|
|Fat: || 4 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 23 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch/Bread; 1/2 Protein; 1/2 Fat/ 1/4 Milk|
Source: Cinnamon Hearts