Spicy Thai Chicken
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 packet Equal sugar substitute (or similar substitute)
- 2-4oz boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 lime, sliced into 6 wedges
- Puree red bell pepper with vinegar in a food processor.
- Pour puree into a saucepan. Add red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and let stand til cool.
- Once the red pepper puree is cooled, stir in the Equal sugar substitute.
- In a preheated oven, broil the chicken breasts for about 10 minutes (or until browned). Turn chicken and broil approximately 5 minutes more.
- Prepare a serving platter with a bed of hot, cooked, white rice, brown rice, or couscous.
- Remove chicken from oven and place breasts atop the bed of rice/couscous. Spoon the spicy red pepper sauce atop the chicken breasts, garnish with the lime wedges, and serve at once.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||85 mg|
|Fat: ||4 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 3 g|
|Exchanges: || 4 Lean Meat|