Chewy Pineapple Pecan Squares
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial, 30% less fat margarine
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz. crushed pinapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Stir flours, sugar and margarine together until mixture is finely crumbled. Stir in nuts.
- Press 2 cups of flour mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan which has been sprayed with vegetable coating.
- Stir cinnamon, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture. Beat in egg, vanilla, light sour cream and vanilla yogurt until blended. Stir in pineapple.
- Pour batter evenly over pressed flour mixture in pan. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until batter pulls away from sides of pan. Cool slightly before cutting.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 2 g|
|Sodium: || 133 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 6 mg|
|Fat: || 4 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 31 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Bread/Starch; 1 Fat|
Source: Cinnamon Hearts Newsletter