Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1-1/4 cup oat bran cereal; uncooked
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat 12 medium-size cups with vegetables oil or line with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl combine oat bran cereal, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In large bowl combine applesauce, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in apple.
- Fill prepared muffin cup almost full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 3 g|
|Fat: || 7 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 22 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch/Bread; 1 Fat; 1/2 Fruit|