Southern Pecan Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup fruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon very strong coffee or espresso, prepared
- 24 pecan halves
- Prepare pastry and place in 9" pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine fruit sweetener, cornmeal and applesauce.
- Beat with an electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, blend water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to fruit sweetner mixture and blend.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla and coffee.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Decorate top with pecan halves.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until custard is set, at 375F.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 3 g|
|Sodium: || 69 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 82 mg|
|Fat: || 9 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 28 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Bread, 1 Fruit, 2 Fat|