- 1 can (15-1/2 oz.) red salmon, drained (or 2 cups flaked)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper or canned pimiento (2 oz.jar)
- 6 saltines (unsalted top), crushed
- 3 Tbsp. light salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 4 drops Tabasco
- Remove skin from fish.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mashing salmon bones with a fork.
- Shape into 4 cakes.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook salmon cakes, turning once, until lightly browned on each side.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||628 mg|
|Fat: ||14 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/3 Starch; 3 Medium-Fat Meat|
Source: Cooking Healthy and Fast
Rachel Rudel, RD