Couscous with Vegetables
- 5 ounces frozen green peas, thawed and drained, OR any other quick-cooking vegetable (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, saute peas, onion, mushrooms, wine, and garlic over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in parsley, basil, and pepper. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, prepare couscous using package directions. Stir in together all together in a large serving bowl.