- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, or canned, unsweetened, water packed variety
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices- 1 ounce each french bread
- Mix the beef, garlic, scallions, ginger, and soy sauce together and form in 4 patties of equal size about 3/4" thick.
- Grill or broil 4" from souce of heat, for 7 minutes for medium-rare turning once. Grill longer for well done burgers.
- While burgers are grilling, brush 4 slices of fresh or canned water-packed unsweetened pineapple with 1 teaspoon Worcestshire sauce.
- Grill until pineapple is heated through and seared with grill marks, about 6 minutes (2 minutes for canned pienapple).
- Serve each patty open-face on a 1 oz toasted slice of French bread, topped with grilled slice, and garnished with 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 20 g|
|Sodium: || 401 mg|
|Fat: || 13 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 23 g|
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter