Baked French Fries
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 F degree.
- Peel potatoes and cut into slices 4 inches long and 1/4 inch wide; place in a bowl of iced water to crisp.
- Just before cooking, turn onto paper towel and pat dry.
- Spread pieces in one layer of a shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the vegetables oil.
- Shake pan to spread oil evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, turning frequently, until gold brown.
- Empty potatoes onto paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Fat: ||3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 15 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat|
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter