Serving size: 1/4 cup
- 6 medium yams, boiled in skin until tender (about 20 - 30 minutes)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Ground cloves to taste
- 1/3 cup low-calorie margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cool yams, peel, and slice lengthwise. Place the yam slices in a covered baking dish. Sprinkle the raisins over the yams.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar substitute, and spices; sprinkle over the yams. Dot with margarine and add water.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, then bake another 15 - 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||63 mg|
|Fat: ||3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 14 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch|
Source: How to Cook for People with Diabetes