Marinated Asparagus, Tomato and Hearts of Palm
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound Italian plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 14-ounce can hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Immediately put asparagus in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, then one of hearts of palm, and one of onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until sugar has dissolved. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 3 g|
|Sodium: || 181 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 0 mg|
|Fat: || 1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 10 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Vegetable|
Source: New American Heart Association Cookbook