Key Lime Pie
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 9-1-gram packets Equal (aspartame, sugar substitute)
- 1-9-inch graham cracker
- Lime zest
- Thin lime slices
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice of 1-1/2 limes
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water and sweetener to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine milk and vanilla and freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and whip at high speed until stiff.
- Stir lime juice and food coloring into whipped milk. (Save remaining 1/2 lime for garnish.)
- Slowly blend gelatin mixture into whipped milk.
- Spoon pie filling into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
- Cut into 8 even portions and serve 1 portion per serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Fat: ||5 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 14 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Bread and 1 Fat|
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter