Always a favorite - this tabbouleh version includes finely chopped mint, as well as parsley.
- Boiling water
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour boiling water over bulgur to cover; let stand 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender but slightly chewy. Drain well.
- Mix bulgur, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, and mint; stir in yogurt, lemon juice, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||17 mg|
|Fat: ||3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 14.1 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat|
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes