- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon crystalline fructose
- 1 tablespoon slivered blanched almonds
- In a mixing bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water and then place over hot water to dissolve. Stir in the raspberries, yogurt, and vanilla and chill.
- In the meantime, beat egg whites until frothy and add the fructose. beat again until peaks form, then fold into the raspberry mixture. Chill until set.
- Serve in parfait glasses, topped with slivered almonds.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||78 mg|
|Fat: ||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 13 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Fruit, 1/2 Fat|
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine