Black Bean Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Baked tortilla chips
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onions and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Process black beans, cheese, and salt in food processor or blender until almost smooth, adding enough broth to make desired dipping consistency. Mix in onion mixture and cilantro.
- Spoon dip into bowl; serve with tortilla chips (not included in nutritional data).
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 4.5 g|
|Sodium: || 254 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 3.8 mg|
|Fat: || 3.8 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 7 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 Bread/Starch|
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes