Greek Orzo Seafood Salad
- 1-3/4 cups orzo
- 8 oz. shrimp or scallops or a combination, chopped
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- 12 oz. tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or 1/3 cup chopped fresh)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water cook the orzo for 8 to 10
minutes or until tender but firm; rinse under cold water and
drain. Put in large serving bowl.
- In non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, cook shrimp
or scallops over high heat for 2 minutes or until just done at
center. Drain any excess liquid. Add to orzo in serving bowl.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch snow peas for 1 minute,
or until tender-crisp; refresh in cold water and drain. Place
in serving bowl, along with tomatoes and feta cheese.
- In small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano,
garlic, lemon zest and pepper; pour over salad and toss well.
Chill before serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 11 g|
|Sodium: || 163 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 53 mg|
|Fat: || 10 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 23 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1-1/2 Fat|
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook