Cranberry Nut Tea Cake
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch square
baking pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
in a medium bowl; mix to blend. Stir in the orange juice, oil,
and egg. Fold in the cranberries, walnuts, and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. bake for 25 to 30
minutes, until the top is firm and an inserted toothpick
or knife comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Before serving, sift powdered sugar on top of the cake and cut
it into nine 2-1/2 inch squares.