Chicken with Tri-Colored Peppers
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each small red, yellow, and green bell peppers, seeded and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a wok or heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat the canola oil. Add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes more.
- Remove the chicken and onion from the pan. Add the peppers and saute for 5 minutes.
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a measuring cup and mix well.
- Add the sauce to the peppers. Add the chicken and onions back to the pan. Stir for 1-2 minutes until sauce has thickened.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||425 mg |
|Cholesterol:||68 mg |
|Carbohydrates: || 10g|
|Exchanges: || 4 Very Lean Meat, 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat|
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible