Chive Corn Pudding
- 2 ears corn, husks and silks removed; or 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 2 cups 1-percent milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If using fresh corn, use a sharp knife to scrape the corn from the cob.
- Combine the corn with the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the corn pudding into the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until pudding is set and tester put in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||196 mg|
|Fat: ||6 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 29 g|
|Exchanges: || 1-1/2 Starch, 1 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat-free Milk|
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible