Warm Zucchini Salad
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound zucchini (about 3 cups)
- Several Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- Mix lemon juice and crushed garlic together. Add oil and
whisk thoroughly. Add chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds. Blanch by bring a
pot half filled with water to a boil and add zucchini.
- Let water come back to a boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Drain and toss in the dressing. Or, microwave on high for
2 minutes and toss with dressing.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.