Pesto Party Pizzas
- 4 whole-wheat or oat-bran pita pockets (6 inch rounds)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 medium-small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the pitas on a large baking sheet and spread each
one with a quarter of the pesto. Top with a quarter of the
tomato slices, and a quarter of the cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and
lightly browned. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges and serve hot.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||90 mg|
|Fat: ||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 5 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/3 Starch, 1/6 Medium-Fat Meat|
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Sandra Woodruff, Christopher Saudek