White Bean Dip
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and coat it
with nonstick cooking spray. Add the onions and cook
until they're soft and translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Place the beans in a food processor and add the cooked
onions and garlic, sage, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper.
Process until smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover it, and
refrigerate it for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||161 mg|
|Carbohydrates: || 12 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Very Lean Meat|
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies