Spinach and Tortellini Soup
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh low-fat tomato and cheese torellini
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Spray bottom of large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over
medium heat until hot. Saute carrots, green onions, garlic,
and basil until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to saucepan; heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Heat broth mixture to boiling; stir in torellini and spinach.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tortellini are al
dente, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, nutmeg and pepper.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 8.6 g|
|Sodium: || 177 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 17.7 mg|
|Fat: || 3.5 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 26.9 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Bread, 1/2 Fat|
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes