Barley with Peppers and Potatoes
- 3 large poblano chilies, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces russet potatoes, unpeeled, cooked, cubed
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Saute chilies and onion in oil in large skillet until
crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes; saute
until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add barley to skillet; cook over medium heat until hot
through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cumin.
Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||6 mg|
|Fat: ||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 29.3 g|
|Exchanges: || 2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1/2 Fat|
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes