Almost Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup corn or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine all the ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl to form a soft dough. Refrigerate the dough 1 hour to chill. Roll or pat out 1/4 inch thick on a floured board.
- Cut 2-inch rounds and place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.