Corn Bread Applesauce Muffins
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray eight muffin cups with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Beat remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make a well in cornmeal mixture. Pour milk mixture into well, stirring just until moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 3 g|
|Sodium: || 189 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 0 mg|
|Fat: || 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 18 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Bread/Starch|
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook