Orzo with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) orzo, cooked, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried, rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teasoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl; pour hot water over to cover. Let tomatoes stand until softened, about 15 minutes; drain and slice.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute mushrooms, green onions, and garlic until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine orzo and mushroom mixture in bowl; add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and toss.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 5.4 g|
|Sodium: || 72 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 0 mg|
|Fat: || 3.7 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 23.5 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 2 Bread, 1/2 Fat|
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes