Primavera means "spring" in Italian. Fresh vegetables are a mark of the spring harvest. The lightness of the sauteed vegetables are a nice contrast to the warmth of the spring.
- 1 box Dreamfields Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into small thin strips
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, and shallots 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss with vegetable mixture, adding half of the cheese while tossing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with remaining cheese.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 12 g|
|Sodium: || 120 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 5 mg|
|Fat: || 12 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 2 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 7 g|
|Carbohydrates:|| 52 g|
Source: Dreamfields Pasta