- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 2 cups fresh, or frozen, whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion in margarine in medium saucepan until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in lima beans, corn, broth, and half-and-half; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.