Pear and Apple Sauce
- 2 ripe Anjou or Bose pears
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 walnut halves
- Cut pears and apples in half and core.
- Place in a medium-size saucepan with remaining ingredients except walnuts and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over low heat 10 to 20 minutes until fruit is tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Strain through food mill and serve warm or chilled, topped with a walnut half.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 1 g|
|Sodium: || 1 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 0 mg|
|Fat: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 21 g|
|Exchanges: || 1-1/2 Fruit|
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine