Salmon Pasta Salad with Mint and Lemon Vinaigrette
Cooked smoked salmon or smoked turkey breast may be substituted for cooked salmon.
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) uncooked Dreamfields Rotini
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped cooked salmon (see note)
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Leaf lettuce (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a medium bowl combine drained pasta, salmon, cucumber, red onion and mint.
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, zest, if desired, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently to coat. Add tomatoes. Toss gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve on top lettuce with fresh lemon, if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 29 g|
|Sodium: || 210 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 54 mg|
|Fat: || 11 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 2 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 6 g|
|Carbohydrates:|| 50 g|
Source: Dreamfields Healthy Carb Pasta