- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or Splenda for Baking)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar (or Splenda), baking powder, lemon zest and almonds. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour into well and mix until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two rolls about 10 inches long. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then cut into slices 1/2 inch thick. Return to sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 minutes more. Immediately transfer to wire racks.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||24 mg|
|Fat: ||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 10 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat|
Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook