Rotini with Ground Beef and Spinach
A 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and well-drained can be substituted for fresh spinach.
- 1 box Dreamfields Rotini, Penne Rigate or Elbows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound (90%) lean ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef; cook until no longer pink, stirring and breaking beef into pieces.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach, basil and red pepper flakes; continue cooking 3 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||178 mg|
|Fat: ||11 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 4 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||8 g|
|Carbohydrates:|| 54 g|
Source: Dreamfields Pasta