Cannellini and Cabbage Soup
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced or chopped cabbage
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mostaccioli (penne), uncooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute cabbage, onion, garlic, and caraway seeds until cabbage begins to wilt, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, and beans to saucepan; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.