Swordfish with Mango Coriander Salsa
- 1-1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced mango or peach
- 3/4 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onions
- 1/4 chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Start barbecue or preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush fish with 1 teaspoon of oil on both sides. Barbecue or bake fish for 10 minutes per inch thickness, or until if flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine mango, red peppers, green peppers, red onions, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic; mix thoroughly. Serve over fish.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||111 mg|
|Fat: ||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 12 g|
|Exchanges: || 1/3 Fruit, 1 Vegetable, 3-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat|
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook