- 3 cups carob chips
- 1/4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 (14 -ounce) can sweet condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 walnut halves
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the carob chips, artificial sweetener and condensed milk. Cook over low heat until carob is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped walnuts and vanilla extract. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" square pan. Chill in refrigerator until almost firm.
- Score the top of the fudge into squares 2" x 1/2" deep. Place a walnut half on the top of each square.
- Chill until firm. Finish cutting into squares.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||11 mg|
|Fat: ||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 13 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Bread/Starch, 1-1/2 Fat|
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook