Flounder with Parmesan Crust
- 6 flounder or sole fillets (1-1/2 pounds total), thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Preheat the broiler and prepare the broiler pan with nonstick pan spray. Arrange the fish on the broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, Parmesan, mustard, lemon juice, and horseradish. Spread the mixture over both sides of the fillets.
- Broil about 8 inches from the heat, turning once, for about 6 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 23 g|
|Sodium: || 166 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 62 mg|
|Fat: || 2 g|
|Dietary Fiber:|| 0 g|
|Sugars: || 1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 1 g|
|Exchanges: || 3 Very Lean Meat|
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes