- 2 small ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Garnish: Mint leaves (optional)
- Slice pears in half and remove core. Cut a thin slice from the rounded side of the pear so that it will sit flat.
- Toast slivered almonds in a toaster oven until slightly golden, about 30 seconds.
- Place pear halves on 2 small dessert plates and sprinkle almond extract in the cored center of each half.
- Spoon slivered almonds in the cored center and place sprig of mint on the side.