Asparagus Spears with Citrus-Ginger Dip
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Snap tough ends off asparagus. Peel stalks, if desired.
- In large skillet, bring about 1-inch of water to boiling. Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until barely tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and dunk in ice water until cold; drain, cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, combine well all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer to serving bowl, serve with asparagus spears or cover and chill until serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 4 g|
|Sodium: || 231 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 22 mg|
|Fat: || 22 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 5 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 7 g|