Chinese Steamed Clams
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 dozen cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed, or mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In 8-quarts saucepot, heat oil over high heat.
- Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; cook until green onions are tender, about 1 minute.
- Add clams, water, sherry, and soy sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, transferring clams to large platter as they open. Discard any clams that have not opened.
- Pour broth over clams on platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|