Curried Lamb on Rice
Serving Size is about 3/4 cup lamb plus 1/2 cup rice.
- 1 pound lean lamb, well trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup homemade or canned beef broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat a large non-stick skillet. Brown the lamb, onion, and garlic in the margarine about 5 minutes. Add the broth, curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato, and flour. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender. Stir occasionally and add a little water if the liquid evaporates.
- Toss the grated carrot with the rice in a small non-stick saucepan. Heat through.
- Divide the rice among 4 serving plates; divide the lamb over the rice.